Tarot Chakra Altars

Tarot Chakra Altars

Since the beginning of the year I have been working on making a set of chakra altars for myself and have become quite engaged in the project. It seems as if my creative self has been awakened and I find creative ideas fairy jumping out of my head as I work away on a given project. I feel like I have “Creative ADD”. It’s actually a good feeling to have the ideas just pouring forth.
I got the idea of a tarot chakra altar from a book I read called “Chakra Healing” by Liz Simpson. In the book, she illustrates various chakra altars she has helped clients design. She also provides a lot of useful information on each of the chakras. For example, she suggests some gems, herbs and oils which can be included on each altar. I took the idea of the altar and added my own personal touch with the inclusion of a tarot card that represents for me the essence of each chakra. I also burn the “chakra appropriate” infused oil in my office and add the appropriate color candle to burn. For music, I have a few chakra healing CD’s which for me, completes the experience. I have now engaged the senses of touch, smell, hearing, seeing and my higher self through the meditation.
The actual purpose of a chakra altar is for focus and meditation on a particular chakra that needs to be healed or balanced. It is not intended to be used as a spell casting altar, however, if you wanted to focus a specific intention that mirrors an aspect of a certain chakra, it could be done with the properly written spell.

I have always had an altar in my office to help me with my focus in my work as a tarot reader, so this was a natural for me to incorporate this altar into my daily routine. I simply change the altars as I feel the need. By keeping the supplies in one place it is easy to set up. The small size makes the chakra altar something that is portable and therefore great for travel.

There are several types of oils and crystals that will help with each chakra so it comes down to finding your personal preference. I have several resources listed below to help you get some ideas so that you can personalize your altar in order to get the most out of the experience. I have used some small pewter charms and word stones from my collection on my altars. They are inexpensive and can be found at most new age type stores. As far as the tiles go, I went down to the local pottery store and painted my own. Small tiles are very inexpensive to paint and you can then choose the specific shade of each color that you like. I have kept mine design free for the most part.

I invite you to get your creative juices going! If you would like to share your chakra tile I would love to see a picture! I will be holding a contest online here at the site. The winner will receive a free tarot reading from me! Details will be posted on www.sashastearoom.com soon!

Pictures of my altars and a list of resources for these altars can be found on sashastearoom.com. Just click on the chakra page on the column on the right

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Mate Connection

Coffee Bean Divination