Coffee Bean Divination


I went to a great book store the other day called "Upstart Crow." They have some wonderfully fun books that are offbeat. I could easily spend the better part of a day just browsing through all they have to offer. I bought 2 really fun books on knitting, one by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (a self proclaimed yarn harlot!) who puts humor into knitting and draws life lessons from it as well. I will write more about that in my other blog specifically for knitters so as not to bore the rest of the readers. The other book I bought is called "Cafe Nation." It's a book about the history, folklore and magick of coffee! The book includes recipes, potions and shows you how to brew Turkish coffee which apparently is a must for coffee magic. The book includes a unique divination system you can learn using coffee beans. It is modeled on the ancient I Ching method of divination. I love the I Ching sometimes known as The Book of Changes. The I Ching is a book of verses thought to be written around 3000BC. It's eastern philosophy, very Zen/Buddhist in nature. I have found it to be not only accurate but very soulful and philosophical in it's directives. The directives go beyond the surface issues you are asking about and therefore are open ended answers that demand that you go deeper into the situation on a personal level, the bottom line being, it's all about you in the end and how you conduct yourself. Each verse is based on a series of hexagrams that are created by casting either coins or rods. So now I need to find a few coffee beans and "cast my fate to the wind" (that was a tune from the 1960's) and see what fortune lies ahead! Who knows I may throw away all my tarot decks and offer coffee bean readings. The question would be whether your reading is with Kona, Colombian or Sumatra beans. LOL

Comments

Unknown said…
I have a copy of Cafe Nation. When my friend comes in from out of town we find some coffee beans, fill our glass of wine, and do a reading. Much fun. And oh so accurate and insightful. love it!

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Mate Connection