Confirmation

Confirmation

Last night I got a call from a client I have been doing tarot readings for for three years. She called to tell me about the final chapter of her ongoing soul mate connection. It was not the fairy tale ending that most people are wishing for but I feel that in reality it was a fairy tale ending because she had come to such a point in her personal growth that she no longer wanted to do the soul dance with this man. She was so sure of herself and her current relationship that she didn’t even want to hear what this man had to say when he showed up late one night after a two year absence. When people find themselves in the throes of a cyclical soul connection, they are waiting for the day that they will finally have the answers they were seeking from the other without realizing that true growth comes when the answers no longer matter. It is satisfying in itself that one is able to learn and grow and come away satisfied that the lesson they themselves learned was enough. It was very satisfying for me to receive this call because she gave me confirmation that what I had predicted had come to pass right down to some specifics. This was the third such call I have gotten in less than a week. When I was sharing this with a friend he snorted at me, shaking his head and wondering why confirmation of my empathic gift was a surprise to me. In truth I am always a bit wowed when I receive confirmations of my readings, in part because of a lack of complete faith in my abilities and in a greater part to feeling humbled to be able to use my talent to really make a difference in helping someone empower their own lives. I use my abilities with the tarot cards as my tool to play the role of psychic counselor, not fortune teller. With many of my clients I find it to be a long arduous process but it becomes very satisfying when one of them finally reaches that “aha” moment. Given the fact that I am so intuitive and empathic, one would assume that I would be a perfect partner or friend to be involved with. This gives me a good laugh, not to mention hysterics from those who I am involved with. I remember listening to a lecture by Dr Wayne Dyer who has written many books on relationships and self improvement answer the same inquiry. He said he was indeed a perfect partner and dad, just please don’t ask his family for confirmation on that. Our insights and ability to guide others through difficulties does not automatically extend to ourselves as psychics, particularly if we allow our egos to take hold. As soon as we start to feel that we are the best at whatever it is that we do, we cease to grow and will therefore stagnate and become mundane. I choose to remain humble but confident and continue to remain in awe of the abilities of others from whom I can learn. The roles of teacher and student are intermingled. How boring would life become if we felt we had nothing more to learn?

Comments

Anonymous said…
A valuable post on Self Improvement

Thanks,
Karim - Positive thinking

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Mate Connection

Coffee Bean Divination