Kitchen Witch!

I recently purchased a book called "Kitchen Witchery" by Marilyn Daniel. It's a collection of recipes for bath salts, incense, beauty treatments food, etc. I have primarily been using Scott Cunningham's books to make my bath salts, magic bags and occasional incense, but was looking to find some more variety and I think this book provides it. The recipes are from the author's collection of over 40 years, so needless to say, there is a lot to choose from. I was especially taken with the variety of incense recipes that she has. There are the Zodiac incense recipes designed to increase your personal power, incense for various gods/goddesses, the planets, sabbats, coven uses, one ingredient quick incenses, along with the usual for love, money, dreams, psychic powers. In the section on Potpourris, she has a collection of simmering potpourris which I would like to try because as she pointed out the scent then travels throughout the house. The section on perfumes is fun as well, some of which can be simmered like some of the potpourris to infuse the house. When I was reading through the soap recipes it occurred to me that the oil combination could be used in oil burners instead of making them into soap. A good gift idea would be to put together soap and the matching oil together in a set with maybe some bath salt and a candle.
Reading through this book inspires me to get my herbs into the bottles I bought a few months ago and get something cooking up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Mate Connection

Coffee Bean Divination