Starting Over: Knitting & The Soul Connection


The shawl I'm making for the women of Afghan is moving along too slowly to be completed by the deadline. I have worked long and hard on it and it is not going to happen. Today I was hit by a sudden inspiration when looking at a knitting book with designs using chunky wool and big needles. There was a wrap in there that measures the same size as the afghan I need to make and the best part is that the project is that the completion time on it is supposedly ten hours. Because it's me doing the knitting I might have to say it will take me 20 hours but still within easy reach of the July deadline. The new yarn is quite beautiful with several shades of pink and purple which I doubt I can capture in a picture but I will try! As for the "other" shawl, I have a soon to be 97 year old grandmother who would enjoy having something so warm and light around her shoulders so all is not lost.

I can't help but draw parallels between this knitting project and relationships. The big question today was should I start over? Can I be successful the second time around? The way everything was heading, I was not going to reach a happy conclusion with this shawl project although when I began I thought I would. I made mistakes along the way that set things back. So with soul relationships. The work is intricate and can be very time consuming with progress slow going to be sure (ask any of my clients about time frame and they will growl. LOL) Almost always there is a break in the relationship which can last for quite some time. It isn't until the one who laid down the project decides to pick it up again that things can move forward. However, by choosing a different pattern and a new approach, this time things will go much smoother because of the knowledge of mistakes made in the past. That's not to say that a stitch or two won't be dropped along the way, but correcting the mistakes will be easier this time for the experienced "knitter." With time there will be a completed project that is a real beauty. Of course the BIG question in all of this is if the soul runner is a knitter! Every knitter I know is willing to rip out a project and start over again as they really do at the heart of it, want to get it right. If he's not a knitter, (sorry guys, 98 percent of the soul connection "runners" are men) you'd better hope that he gets some lessons quickly. I have an idea for all of you out there who are currently struggling in a soul connection. As the "runner" is tying his shoes you may want to slip him a piece of paper or shout out to him as he's jogging out the door to 'LEARN TO KNIT, DAMMIT"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Mate Connection

Coffee Bean Divination