Mantra of The Soul Runner


I have been mesmerized by the lyrics to "Across The Universe". It hit me that this too is a bit of a soul song. This song is reflective of the partner who flat out refuses to acknowledge the connection with the other, but rather chooses to turn his back on it. Resignation being easier than action.



"Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my opened ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying Love which shines around me like a
million suns, It calls me on and on
Across the universe
Jai guru deva, om,
Nothing's gonna change my world,
Nothing's gonna change my world.
Nothing's gonna change my world.
Nothing's gonna change my world."



All around him is the invitation of undying love calling, yet you can almost picture this person with his hands over his ears, turning his back on the beauty of the starry universe before him inviting him on to a better life. All the while he chants "nothing's gonna change my world" in a child like refusal to accept a gift of the universe, in this case, a soul connection. He would rather be left alone in his solitude or even worse, settling for far less and all because it's too hard to reach out for it. It's much easier for some to let ego rule than to join up with the intellectual, spiritual equal. The “perky cheerleader” on the sidelines is attractive to the ego based person. The one who is looking for substance in a relationship, would prefer to be with the team mate in the huddle next to him playing hard. It is they who truly understand the game and can appreciate the fight to victory. The cheerleader is merely a hapless onlooker. Unfortunately many will choose to spend their lives pursuing the cheerleader rather than befriending their team mate. Nothing is going to change their world unless they want it to and no amount of outpouring of love, support and willingness to reconnect with this runner is going to matter. Once again, as the Beatles lyrics say, “in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Mate Connection

Coffee Bean Divination